Total Capital Raised reaches US billion
Highlights | April to September 2012
- Delivered 24 aircraft, valued at over US.1 billion to twelve customers across the globe including seven new customers
- Announced an order for 15 Airbus A320 neo and 20 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft - Avolon is one of the first major lessors to secure attractive early delivery slots in the launch phase of both of these highly fuel-efficient new technology aircraft.
- Delivered the first four of its direct order Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft and announced a further order for 10 737-800 NGs to support Avolon’s near-term growth plans.
- Successfully completed the sale of two aircraft on long-term leases to two new investor clients
- Total committed fleet has increased to 164 aircraft (160 owned and 4 managed).
- Secured financing commitments from three new lending banks – Avolon now has a global lending group of 22 institutions.
- Committed capital now stands at US.0 billion (US.4 billion equity and US.6 billion debt).
- Strengthened the Avolon team with 5 new hires bringing its total team to 42 people across 6 offices globally
Dómhnal Slattery, Avolon CEO, commented:
Delivered to Japan Airlines June 2012
Avolon Aircraft Portfolio Developments
Avolon’s fleet has reached 164 aircraft comprising 160 owned and 4 managed aircraft.
- Fleet age of 1.7 years is the youngest large lessor fleet in the world.
- Avolon delivered 24 aircraft to 12 customers including seven new customers around the globe.
- Azul Linhas Aereas Brasileiras (Brazil)
- China Eastern (China)
- Japan Airlines (Japan)
- Jet Airways (India)
- KLM Cityhopper (Netherlands)
- TAM Linhas Aereas (Brazil)
- US Airways (USA)
- Avolon’s delivered fleet now stands at 87 aircraft
In June, Avolon celebrated the delivery of its first Boeing 737-800 NG direct to JAL Express. This was followed by two further units for JAL Express and a new delivery to China Eastern Airlines.
Avolon completed its first aircraft sales with the successful delivery of two aircraft on long-term leases to two new investor clients.